Wood is long lasting, especially when its qualities are properly exploited. Solid wood can not stand directly sunlight or directly heating, for example from a woodburning stov or to closely placed at a radiator. This can dry the wood and cause splits.
Daily care: Wipe of the table with a rag wrung out in clean water. Eventually wipe off the table with a dry rag.
Protect the table top from hot pots or things made of metal, which conducts the heat.
Use dish mats under bottles and glasses where condensation might occur and under hot objects.
Use cut resistant underlay when using sharp tools.
To avoid stains and other damage, liquids should be wiped away immediately.
First, sand lightly with 220 or 320 grit sandpaper; just enough to make the surface feel smooth. Never use steel wool, particularly on oak as it will react with the tannin and blacken it.
Once this is done, apply another a coat of soap (you need to be aware that the soap you need for this task is a natural soap, not bars) and wipe off the excess with a well wrung-out cloth.
Sand again to remove the grain that will have been raised during the first application and repeat. Let the soap dry and buff lightly with a clean lint free cloth.
Be careful not to wet any end-grain surfaces too heavily. End-grain surfaces suck up moisture at faster rates and this can lead to splitting.
Wipe off the furniture with a rag, which do not fluff. Before applying the oil, lightly rub the surface of the furniture with the sanding sponge.
Apply the oil from the care set using a clean white cloth or a sponge.wood.
Do never pour out the oil directly on the furniture.
Afterwards you wipe of the table with a dry rag. If the surface is scratched then you can grind with a grind sponge or grind paper grain 220 – 320 with a little oil along the grains.
Remember to dry off the table with a dry rag.
After use you have to put the rags into water before you throw them away due to danger of fire.
Caring for your leather furniture prolongs its life and keeps it looking attractive. Leather lasts much longer than other upholstery, and its good looks can not only be maintained, but improved over time.
Avoid placing your chair very close to heaters or fireplaces or in a spot that gets direct sun. Leather can dry, fade, stiffen and crack when placed close to heat sources.
For spills, immediately use a dry cloth to absorb and let it air-dry. It is important to absorb instead of wiping as you want to get all the moisture out instead of spreading it. Never soak the stain heavily with water. Never use harsh soap, cleaning solvents, detergents or ammonia to clean stains.
For grease stains, absorb excess grease with a clean dry cloth. The spot should gradually disappear into the leather after a short period of time. In case the stain remains, ask a professional leather specialist to clean the leather to avoid any potential damage to the leather itself.
Use a good leather conditioner every 6-12 month.
By normal use laminate is cleaned with a universal degreaser in warm water.
To remove stains use a concentrated cleanser and wipe off with a dry cloth afterwards. By use of more aggressive cleanser please try the cleanser on a less visible area first, to ensure that the laminate will not be discoloured.
After cleaning the table, then use a cloth wrung up in warm water to remove any film on the laminate.
Everyday cleaning of glass requires no more than wiping the surface with clean water. It is recommended that you use a sponge or a soft, fluff-free cloth.
Ordinary glass cleaner can be used to remove any grease marks (fingerprints, etc.). Do not use scouring agents, corrosive, acidic or alkaline cleaning agents, as these can attack the surface of the glass and cause scratches.
Excess water can be removed with a sponge or cloth. The glass can then be polished dry with a microfiber cloth.
If the glass surface is allowed to remain wet for longer periods of time, limescale residues may form. Therefore it is best to wipe up any liquids as quickly as possible.
Paper cord is a natural, cool, comfortable and durable material. It lasts for many years, but can be replaced or repaired by a skilled craftsman if necessary.
Never use harsh soaps or cleaning liquids on the paper cord seat as they can damage the material. The best option is to act quickly: immediately after spilling, use a damp cloth to wipe off the stain.
Be careful not to rub the liquid into the paper cord, but just carefully blot the affected area. Never use washing-up liquid on wicker.
Stain removal: For quick removal of contaminants on polished high-shine, matte chrome and aluminum surfaces, apply a glass cleaner with a clean, soft cloth and subsequently wipe the surface dry with a soft cloth.
For stainless steel, we recommend using a special stainless steel care spray, steel cleaner or detergent. Powder- coated surfaces should be cleaned with aqueous solutions made from pH-neutral (pH 5-8) deter- gents or cleaning products and soft, non-abrasive cloths, rags or industrial cotton batting.
Always clean metal surfaces gently and without scrubbing so that the surface is not scratched. Never use cleaners containing granular substances, acetic acid or citric acid.
To care for fabrics, simply hoover dust and lint regularly. Stain removal: Fresh stains can usually be removed quickly by wiping immediately with an absorbent, lint-free sponge or cloth. Start from the outer edge of the stain and work towards the centre to avoid creating a halo effect.
We recommend using normal household distilled water to prevent limescale residue from building up on dark fabrics after drying. Treatment of persevering stains: Brush dry stains lightly with a soft brush (such as a clothes brush). Depending on the type of stain, the use of solvents may be necessary. In such cases, it is essential to consult a professional. Under no circumstances should cover fabric surfaces be rubbed vigorously. Please be sure to consult a specialist before using any solvent-based cleaning product.
Brdr. Krüger Warranty Conditions
The commercial warranty applicable to Brdr. Krüger products covers material and manufacturing process defects. Products are under warranty for a period of 5 years as of the date of invoice sent to the original purchaser. The warranty is granted solely to the original purchaser of the product and is not transferable, either directly or indirectly, to any third party. In accordance with this warranty, Brdr. Krüger undertakes to repair or replace with a similar product, according to its own criteria and free of charge, any product with any of the defects indicated above, provided that these arise under normal conditions of use.
Exceptions to Warranty
Upholstery: Brdr. Krüger products include a variety of collections of upholstery. Each of them is intended for a specific use and subject to the conditions of guarantee given by the manufacturer of them.
Exclusions to Warranty
- Natural wear or wear caused by: unsuitable use, excessive scratching/scraping, sliding of objects on the surface, use of abrasive products, placing extremely hot or cold objects on the surface and use for which the product is not intended, on any surface finish and particularly when lacquered, varnished or melamine products are involved.
- Damage caused by mishandling of the products, produced directly or indirectly, as a result of the acts or omission of the Customer/Distributor, be it through fault or neglect. Among other things, blows, accidents, inexpert product assembly and installation, dragging products which do not incorporate rolling elements, sitting on tables, etc.
- Leaving the products at unsuitable locations exposed to extreme changes of temperature and/or humidity: in the vicinity
- Defects caused by unsuitable cleaning of the products (wrong methods or products, use of abrasive products), in violation of Brdr. Krüger’s recommended guidelines.
- Defects caused by not cleaning or protecting (wood, lacquer, etc.) the products, not removing material or liquids which may immediately damage the surface, etc.
- Damage caused by unsuitable modifications to or operations on the products, or repair work performed by the Customer itself or a third party assigned by it.
- Concerning special orders, products manufactured according to the Customer’s specifications and materials provided by the customer for inclusion in the product- manufacturing process, including fabric and upholstery supplied by the Customer are not covered by the warranty.
- Changes in color, grain and texture due to: the passing of time, exposure to natural light, different batches and/or the natural origin of certain materials, such as wood, leather or natural fibers, or, in the event, the artisan origin of certain parts involved in the production process.
- Color differences of less than Delta-E 1 (in the case of plain colors) compared to the color chart between different batches in a single delivery.
- Slight variations in the physical appearance of the order compared with the visual representations or descriptions provided by catalogues, samples and display parts, particularly variations in the color, texture and grain of wood, and in fabrics.
- Typical variations in leather, such as cracks, insect bites or creasing, and variations in the color or formation of creases due to the elasticity of the leather.
- Marks (from fingers), dirt and shine on dark and/or mat finishes.
- Marks or darker areas caused by failure to suitably protect the contact surface
It is the Customer’s responsibility to check the received product before and during unloading, and to: Note any incident on the delivery note: suspicion of faulty packaging and/or product, wrong number of packages, and in this event: Take photographs of the load/packaging/product and make a complaint urgently, providing all relevant information, by email to the email address on the order confirmation request sent to the Customer. If the Customer detects a non-conformity, then it must proceed to report the fact by email to email@example.com , including/ attaching:
1-Description of the defect.
2-Photos of the defect, in general and in detail.
3-Clear identification of the products order number, legible photo of the label, copy of the delivery note, copy of the invoice.
- Any claim made which fails to provide the information described will not be accepted by Brdr. Krüger.
- In the event of incidents detected during assembly, the Customer must proceed to report the fact, as indicated, within a maximum period of 72 hours. Any claim made after this period will not be accepted.
- Brdr. Krüger reserves the right to request that damaged products be returned before proceeding to replace them.
- Brdr. Krüger reserves the right to request all necessary information for the analysis of the claim.
- Under no circumstance may the replacement of product components or component repair during the warranty period be used to extend the warranty period.
- Brdr. Krüger’s liability is limited to the obligations indicated and to a maximum amount equivalent to the amount for which the customer was invoiced, excluding all types of compensation for indirect immaterial damages or operating losses.
- If the parties fail to reach agreement concerning the origin of the damage suffered by the products, their nature or the way in which claims are dealt with financially, liability for damage will be assumed in accordance with the document Economic conditions to apply concerning claims made by the Customer / Distributor, available on our extranet.