The subsequent care instructions are recommendations only. For general surfaces, we recommend using a damp cloth and we recommend that you always use environmentally friendly cleaning products and care for your furniture regularly and frequently. Before using any cleaning product, test it on an inconspicuous spot.
To care for fabrics, simply hoover dust and lint regularly. Stain removal: Fresh stains can usually be removed quickly by wiping immediately with an absorbent, lint-free sponge or cloth. Start from the outer edge of the stain and work towards the centre to avoid creating a halo effect. We recommend using normal household distilled water to prevent limescale residue from building up on dark fabrics after drying. Treatment of persevering stains: Brush dry stains lightly with a soft brush (such as a clothes brush). Depending on the type of stain, the use of solvents may be necessary. In such cases, it is essential to consult a professional. Under no circumstances should cover fabric surfaces be rubbed vigorously. Please be sure to consult a specialist before using any solvent-based cleaning product.
Leather furniture should not be exposed to direct sunlight and should be kept some distance away from sources of heat; otherwise, the leather can dry out and become rigid. To ensure that leather remains soft and supple and that its natural protective film against water and grease remains intact, we recommend that you treat your furniture once a year with a mild cleaner. Stain removal: Superficial dirt can be removed with a damp cloth as long as care is taken not to wet the leather and not to apply direct pressure. You should also avoid rubbing too hard. For cleaning, we recommend using special leather cleaner in foam or liquid form. Small dirt stains or pen stains are best removed with a colorless pencil eraser. To prevent the leather from drying out, you should subsequently always apply a designated care product from a specialist retailer. Liquids should be dabbed away immediately with a cloth and, if necessary, wiped off with a little water. Please do not use any aggressive agents such as stain removers, turpentine, shoe polish, etc.
Stain removal: For quick removal of contaminants on polished high-shine, matte chrome and aluminum surfaces, apply a glass cleaner with a clean, soft cloth and subsequently wipe the surface dry with a soft cloth. For stainless steel, we recommend using a special stainless steel care spray, steel cleaner or detergent. Powder- coated surfaces should be cleaned with aqueous solutions made from pH-neutral (pH 5-8) deter- gents or cleaning products and soft, non-abrasive cloths, rags or industrial cotton batting. Always clean metal surfaces gently and without scrubbing so that the surface is not scratched. Never use cleaners containing granular substances, acetic acid or citric acid.
Wood is long lasting, especially when its qualities are properly exploited. Furniture made of wood reacts to its environment; exposure to light, for example, alters its color. And it is able to adapt its own moisture content levels to that of its environment. In the case of excessive fluctuations in temperature and humidity, however, it reacts by cracking and warping. Brdr. Krüger treats its solid wood tabletops with oil and other treatments to highlight and protect the properties of the natural material. To avoid stains and other damage, liquids should be wiped away immediately. Brdr. Krüger seals its veneers with a high-quality finish. Because of this, a soft, slightly damp cloth – with a mild detergent in the case of stubborn dirt – is sufficient for cleaning solid wood and veneer surfaces. Wet surfaces should be dried immediately with a cloth. Do not use any harsh cleaning agents or care pro- ducts containing silicone or abrasives. If possible, avoid rubbing the surface while cleaning it, as this will make matte finishes shiny and charge the varnish with static electricity, which will attract more dust. We do not re- commend using furniture polish or wax, as they contain unsuitable solvents and/or color additives and leave a coating that is very difficult to remove.
Laminate and Glass
Clean with a soft cloth tightly wrung out in clean water. For dirty surfaces, use a mild soap flake solution or an universal cleaning agent. Then polish with a soft, dry cloth.
Brdr. Krüger Warranty Conditions
The commercial warranty applicable to Brdr. Krüger products covers material and manufacturing process defects. Products are under warranty for a period of 5 years as of the date of invoice sent to the original purchaser. The warranty is granted solely to the original purchaser of the product and is not transferable, either directly or indirectly, to any third party. In accordance with this warranty, Brdr. Krüger undertakes to repair or replace with a similar product, according to its own criteria and free of charge, any product with any of the defects indicated above, provided that these arise under normal conditions of use.
Exceptions to Warranty
Upholstery: Brdr. Krüger products include a variety of collections of upholstery. Each of them is intended for a specific use and subject to the conditions of guarantee given by the manufacturer of them.
Exclusions to Warranty
- Natural wear or wear caused by: unsuitable use, excessive scratching/scraping, sliding of objects on the surface, use of abrasive products, placing extremely hot or cold objects on the surface and use for which the product is not intended, on any surface finish and particularly when lacquered, varnished or melamine products are involved.
- Damage caused by mishandling of the products, produced directly or indirectly, as a result of the acts or omission of the Customer/Distributor, be it through fault or neglect. Among other things, blows, accidents, inexpert product assembly and installation, dragging products which do not incorporate rolling elements, sitting on tables, etc.
- Leaving the products at unsuitable locations exposed to extreme changes of temperature and/or humidity: in the vicinity
- Defects caused by unsuitable cleaning of the products (wrong methods or products, use of abrasive products), in violation of Brdr. Krüger’s recommended guidelines.
- Defects caused by not cleaning or protecting (wood, lacquer, etc.) the products, not removing material or liquids which may immediately damage the surface, etc.
- Damage caused by unsuitable modifications to or operations on the products, or repair work performed by the Customer itself or a third party assigned by it.
- Concerning special orders, products manufactured according to the Customer’s specifications and materials provided by the customer for inclusion in the product- manufacturing process, including fabric and upholstery supplied by the Customer are not covered by the warranty.
- Changes in color, grain and texture due to: the passing of time, exposure to natural light, different batches and/or the natural origin of certain materials, such as wood, leather or natural fibers, or, in the event, the artisan origin of certain parts involved in the production process.
- Color differences of less than Delta-E 1 (in the case of plain colors) compared to the color chart between different batches in a single delivery.
- Slight variations in the physical appearance of the order compared with the visual representations or descriptions provided by catalogues, samples and display parts, particularly variations in the color, texture and grain of wood, and in fabrics.
- Typical variations in leather, such as cracks, insect bites or creasing, and variations in the color or formation of creases due to the elasticity of the leather.
- Marks (from fingers), dirt and shine on dark and/or mat finishes.
- Marks or darker areas caused by failure to suitably protect the contact surface
It is the Customer’s responsibility to check the received product before and during unloading, and to:
Note any incident on the delivery note: suspicion of faulty packaging and/or product, wrong number of packages, and in this event:
Take photographs of the load/packaging/product and make a complaint urgently, providing all relevant information, by email to the email address on the order confirmation request sent to the Customer.
If the Customer detects a non-conformity, then it must proceed to report the fact by email to email@example.com , including/ attaching:
1-Description of the defect.
2-Photos of the defect, in general and in detail.
3-Clear identification of the products order number, legible photo of the label, copy of the delivery note, copy of the invoice.
- Any claim made which fails to provide the information described will not be accepted by Brdr. Krüger.
- In the event of incidents detected during assembly, the Customer must proceed to report the fact, as indicated, within a maximum period of 72 hours. Any claim made after this period will not be accepted.
- Brdr. Krüger reserves the right to request that damaged products be returned before proceeding to replace them.
- Brdr. Krüger reserves the right to request all necessary information for the analysis of the claim.
- Under no circumstance may the replacement of product components or component repair during the warranty period be used to extend the warranty period.
- Brdr. Krüger’s liability is limited to the obligations indicated and to a maximum amount equivalent to the amount for which the customer was invoiced, excluding all types of compensation for indirect immaterial damages or operating losses.
- If the parties fail to reach agreement concerning the origin of the damage suffered by the products, their nature or the way in which claims are dealt with financially, liability for damage will be assumed in accordance with the document Economic conditions to apply concerning claims made by the Customer / Distributor, available on our extranet.